Full Bio Here
Date & Time
Monday, February 24th
Beatty Street Studios
788 Beatty Street, Floor B2
After Hours Buzzer: 0052
$170 incl tax
Auditing is not available for this workshop
When we work with the people who have been there, and guided others there, we are going pick up perspective that will help us get there ourselves. Work together by working together.
Paul Weber, one of Hollywood’s most respected casting directors has developed a dynamic, practical and highly effective intensive program that demystifies the audition process and gives the actor the skill and confidence needed to create a memorable audition experience.
JBA is proud to present Paul Weber’s THE ART OF THE AUDITION & THE BUSINESS OF THE ART. Providing actors of every level the winning tools that will help you achieve success in the audition room.
The first half of the workshop, get the scoop. Paul will discuss and reveal:
• The Casting Perspective – What Casting professionals expect from Actors. What key elements are they looking for?
• Why Certain Actors Succeed – Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked with and what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, and Reese Witherspoon, and Jason Momoa.
• What You MUST Do Right Now – valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
• Positive Perspective – Essential techniques that will empower to get past the “the victim” perspective in the Audition Room and let the “winning performer” take the stage.
• Handling Rejection, and how to turn anxiety and nervousness into excitement motivated by the joy of doing what you love to do.
• The Headshots & Resumes that get noticed today – The very latest on these crucial tools – and how technology is transforming the Audition process.
• What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager or casting director and why.
The second half of the workshop focuses on the actual audition. Use scene work to experience and illustrate new techniques.
You will work with Paul on camera exploring:
• The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
• How to make the Boldest, most Effective Choices in The Room.
• The Importance of Listening, Cold Reading Technique, and Script Analysis.
• How to Deliver Your Best Read The First Time.
• Why Actors Fail – Common and avoidable mistakes that take Actors out
of the picture immediately.
When you’re done: take away a clarified, deepened understanding of how to tackle the short and longer term work ahead, and the ability to identify actionable changes you can apply to your audition process and career approach to confidently build your success.