Full Bio Here
Date & Time
Beatty Street Studios
788 Beatty Street, Floor B2
After Hours Buzzer: 0052
Cost (tax incl)
Active Participation: $350
Seminar Participation: $125
Auditing is not available for this workshop.
This is the why and how of the industry of entertainment.
We are in the business of collaborating with networks and studios to craft an experience for their audience.
When we understand the symbiosis of business and art, we can clearly and quickly identify and inhabit tone, style, pace, and other often missed but vital parameters.
Once we have this skill under our belt, we are able to take our auditions further, making the absolute most out of often very tight preparation time lines, and elevating work from “audition” to professional collaboration with casting. Every time.
This two-day intensive is designed to introduce the skill and thought process behind stylistic adjustment.
Working with Film and Television sides from your local market, you’ll delve into the network-driven but often invisible directives that define the space in which your characters should live.
You’ll put it in to practice with several difference scenes, played in several different styles, and understand the business-logic behind why your scene lives where it does, and hone the ability to adjust from one to the other on the fly.
The result is a well-earned confidence in the material and in character choice, and the presentation of a competent professional who adds collaborative value to every single audition.
There are two participation options for this workshop. Note that only ACTIVE Participation will qualify as a pre-requisite for weekly classes with Jeb.
Seminar Participants ($125) (max 6 spots) will be prepared to prepare for the work:
- Gain the industry, seasonal and personal perspective needed to productively and expertly prepare to collaborate with casting for every audition.
- Read off-camera for the active participants and passively practice the work.
- Develop a business-driven perspective that will inform choice.
- Gain insight into industry trends that will shed light on career opportunities
Active Participants will put it all in to practice.
- Work new materials on camera each day, and
- Be guided through their personal adjustment to style and making it work on camera.
- Develop a personal practical ownership of the styles of each network.
- Learn to make major adjustments – get freed from being ‘stuck in a choice’
- Receive downloadable copies of all on camera work.
Please complete the following form. Note that payment is required to confirm your registration. When you complete the form and click ‘Submit and Complete Payment’, you’ll be taken to our PayPal form, but if you don’t have a PayPal account you can use any major credit card.
Also note that cancellations will be accepted up to 96 hours after registration is received or 96 hours prior to the start of the class/seminar/workshop (whichever happens first). If you let us know in writing within this time frame, we’ll refund your payment less a $50 processing fee. After this time, your payment is non refundable.