Full Bio Here
Date & Time
Beatty Street Studios
788 Beatty Street, Floor B2
After Hours Buzzer: 0052
Cost (tax incl)
Active Participation: $350
Seminar Participation: $125
Auditing is not available for this workshop.
This is the why and how of the industry of entertainment.
We are in the business of collaborating with networks and studios to craft an experience for their audience.
When we understand the symbiosis of business and art, we can clearly and quickly identify and inhabit tone, style, pace, and other often missed but vital parameters.
Once we have this skill under our belt, we are able to take our auditions further, making the absolute most out of often very tight preparation time lines, and elevating work from “audition” to professional collaboration with casting. Every time.
This two-day intensive is designed to introduce the skill and thought process behind stylistic adjustment, and then put it into practice with in depth coaching and redirects with casting director, Tiffany Mak.
DAY ONE – with Jeb Beach
We’ll start the day with an overview of how to quickly assess and adjust for style. Everyone will get on camera and play with shifting things around.
The bulk of the day will be coaching materials, individually assigned in advance by Tiffany. We’ll delve into the network-driven but often invisible directives that define the space in which your characters should live, and get ready for a day of collaboration with Tiffany on day two.
DAY TWO – with Tiffany Mak and Jeb Beach
Work on camera with Tiffany in a group environment. Tiffany will coach you through the eyes of a casting director, working on your best version of the material based on the real world expectations she works with every day. Finally, she’ll play with the style adjustments that will both sharpen your awareness of network/tonal adjustments and serve as a tool to bring fuller, more multi-dimensional work to the room’
There are two participation options for this workshop. Note that only ACTIVE Participation will qualify as a pre-requisite for weekly classes with Jeb.
Seminar Participants ($125) (max 6 spots) will be prepared to prepare for the work:
- Gain the industry, seasonal and personal perspective needed to productively and expertly prepare to collaborate with casting for every audition.
- Read off-camera for the active participants and passively practice the work.
- Develop a business-driven perspective that will inform choice.
- Gain insight into industry trends that will shed light on career opportunities
Active Participants will put it all in to practice.
- Work new materials on camera each day, and
- Be guided through their personal adjustment to style and making it work on camera.
- Work one on one with Tiffany
- Develop a personal practical ownership of the styles of each network.
- Learn to make major adjustments – get freed from being ‘stuck in a choice’
- Receive downloadable copies of all on camera work.
this workshop is at capacity – you may add yourself to the wait list by completing the form below. If a spot opens up, we’ll reach out.